Naseeruddin Shah Biography/wiki
Hey, in this article, we will look over Naseeruddin Shah Biography in detail. We will also include his lifestyle, his age, weight, height, his wife, girlfriends, and his movie career.
Naseeruddin Shah is a famous Indian film actor. Naseeruddin was born on July 20, 1950, in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, (UP) India. He has also made an unprecedented contribution to stage acting. Along with acting, he has also directed the film.
Naseeruddin Shah started his career in the year 1972. Shah is an actor who has given 35-40 years to the cinema. So it’s impossible to talk about all of his films, so tell me some of the best films about the main roles. Mohra, Omkara, Pacheli, Maine Hung Na, Ishkyan, Dedh Ishkiyan, Wednesday, Krish, Iqbal and Peepley Live. This veteran actor of Hindi film industry has won many awards in his career.
|Age (as in 2020)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||St. Anselm’s Ajmer, Rajasthan|
St Joseph’s College, Nainital
|College ||National School of Drama, Delhi Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate in Arts|
Yun Hota to Kya Hota (2006)
|Hobbies||Playing Tennis, Reading|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 71 kg|
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Body Measurements||-Chest: 39 Inches|
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 11 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
At the beginning of his film life, this actor has worked in films like Aakrosh, Nishant, Albert Pinto, Angry, Chilli Masala, Junoon, Trikala, Katha, Ardh Satya, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, Mandi, and Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho | His first film as an actor was titled “Nishant”, and the film released in the year 1975. In this film, she accompanied by skilled actresses like Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil. As a director, Naseeruddin Shah made the film “Yun Hota To Kya Hota Hota” in the year 2006. The film did not get any specific response from the audience.
In the year 1980, Shah got a film called Hum Paanch. He was in the movie as the lead actor. He then appeared in Abhinetri Rakhi in the film “Dil Aakhir Dil Hai” in 1982. An essential film of Shah’s film career was released in the year 1983, titled “Masoom”. This film proved to be a milestone in his career.
In the year 1986, he acted in the movie “Karma”. In this film, he got an opportunity to work with the then famous actor Dilip Kumar. After this, for the next two or three years, Naseeruddin Shah acted in good films like Mantra (1987), Jalwa (1988) and Hero Hiralal (1988). Naseeruddin Shah also acted in commercial films along with art films. In 1999, Aamir Khan starrer film Sarfarosh released. Shah played the role of a ghazal singer and Pakistani spy in this film. The audience liked Shah in this negative role. In the year 2004, his work was appreciated in the film “Maqbool” and 2011 “Dirty Picture”.
Naseeruddin Shah Background
Naseeruddin Shah comes from an educated family. He was born in Barabanki, close to Lucknow. Memories from Naseer’s childhood days are like this …
Naseeruddin Shah is a massive name in the Indian film industry. Whether you evaluate them from the theatre, art cinema or commercial cinema, you will find that they are entirely different from others. We took Naseeruddin Shah in his childhood.
An exciting story behind Naseeruddin shan birth
A story about his birth is exciting. You cannot know the exact date of his birth. This is because Naseer himself does not know this. What is this exciting story, Naseer recalls – ‘That was either the month of July 1949 or August of 1950. Ammi also does not remember my birthday correctly. She used to remember that you were born in Ramadan. Now it is not possible to guess the year of my birth from this. Later, when Abba got admission in school, my birthday was written on 16 August 1950. The result of this mistake is that you do not know the exact birthday of Nasiruddin Shah. Some memories of Naseer’s childhood days are like, ‘My mother had a total of 5 children, out of which three of us survived. Abba used to say this many times that he wanted a girl, but that not fulfilled. Abba loved me very much. Ammi later told me this. Abba used to rotate me on his back. Ammi used to say that in her childhood, she did not see any natural thick and curly hair. I used to call Abba Baba.
My elder brother Zaheer was about two years old when the country was partitioned after independence in 1947. Jamir was just born, and I did not exist. I was born a few years after the Partition, so I do not remember any such thing related to the Partition which is in my mind. All the blood that was there were over by then. I was so young that there was no memory of that time. Even though I was in Barabanki, that was a very safe place for me
Shah started his career with the film Nishant with an actress like Smita Patil and Shabana Azmi. ‘Nishant’ was an art film. The film lagged in terms of earning, but everyone appreciated the acting of Shah in the movie. After this, Shah made many art films like Aakrosh, ‘Sparsh’, ‘Chilli Masala’, ‘Why Albert Pints get angry’, ‘Mandi’, ‘Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho’, ‘Ardh Satya’, ‘Katha’ etc. Why?
Along with art films, he was also active in commercial cinema. By doing commercial films like ‘Innocent’, ‘Karma’, ‘Ijazat’, ‘Jalwa’, ‘Hero Hiralal’, ‘Ghulami’, ‘Tridev’, ‘Vishwatma’, ‘Mohra’, Sarfarosh, he proved that he was just art Not only can you do commercial films too. There was a time in Shah’s film journey when he showed no hesitation in making his presence in Masala Hindi films. With time, Shah again began to be vigilant in the selection of films. Later he began to make his presence in lesser films, but good films. Naseeruddin Shah has also directed a film. Recently he has spread the magic of his acting in films like “Ishqiya”, “Politics” and “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.”
Honours of Naseeruddin Shah
- 1984 – Filmfare Best Actor Award – Innocent
- 1982 – Filmfare Best Actor Award – Chakra
- 1981 – Filmfare Best Actor Award – Outrage
- Naseeruddin Shah has been awarded the Padma Shri in 1987 and the Padma Bhushan in 2003.
- He received the National Award for Best Actor for the film ‘Sparsh’ in 1979 and ‘Paar’ in 1984.
- In 2006, Naseeruddin Shah received the National Award for Best Actor for the film ‘Iqbal’.
- He was awarded Filmfare Award for Best Actor in 1981 for the film ‘Aakrosh’, in 1982 for the film ‘Chakra’ and 1984 for the film ‘Masoom’.
- In 2000, the shah was awarded the “Sangeet Natak Akademi Award”.
- He is still respected in Bollywood today due to his distinct style and acting arts. He has many films to come in the coming days, which his fans have high hopes.
Shah is a Bollywood film director and actor who has a net worth of $50 million.
Best Movies Of Naseeruddin Shah
- Mirch Masala
- Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon Ata Hai
- Bhavani Bhavai
- Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho!
- Ardh Satya
- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
|Favourite Directors||Neeraj Pandey, Rajkumar Hirani, Neeraj Ghaywan|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Masaan (2015), Dil Chahta Hai (2001)|
|Favourite Actors|| |
Mohanlal, Nedumudi Venu, Shammi Kapoor, Dara Singh, Boman Irani
Some facts about Naseeruddin Shah
- Does Naseeruddin Shah smoke: Not Known
- Does Naseeruddin Shah take alcohol: Not Known
- At the age of 14 Naseeruddin started acting. The first theatrical show was Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice.
- Shah’s debut movie, Nishant (1975), was awarded the National Award in the Best movie niche. The film was subsequently selected for the Oscars.
- Late Parveen Murad, his first wife was 16 years older than him at the time of their nikah. 2 years later, the couple had an argument and decided to part ways. However, Shah did not divorce his wife, as in his nikah nama (Muslim marriage contract), Shah had not only promised a big amount of money to his wife as alimony but had also disclaimed the right to bigamy.
- Even after becoming an established actor, Shah did not give up his love for theatre. As a result, he along with a Some friends founded a theatre group named as (Motley Productions) in the year 1977.
- Surprisingly, Shah was the first choice to play the role of Mahatma Gandhi as (Bapu) in the film- Gandhi (1982). However, Ben Kingsley obscured him at the auditions and take the role.
- For his huge donation to the field of acting/theatre, Shah was awarded the Padma Shri in 1987 followed by the Padma Bhushan in 2003.
- Naseeruddin Shah has also worked in 2 Pakistani films and also in Hollywood films. His first Pakistani film is titled “For Khuda”. And the second movie is named “Zinda Bhaag“, the film selected for the Best Foreign Language Film Award.
- His brother, Retd. Lt. General Zameerud-din Shah, in the past (2016) vice-chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), UP.
- Bad luck has constantly followed Shah as to date more than 20 feature movies starring him have been standover.
- Shah released his memoir titled And One day in 2014. In the memoir, the actor has confessed to having consumed marijuana (gaanja) in various phases of his life and credits it with giving him clarity of thought.
- According to reports, Shah refused to audition for the Hollywood movie, As directors of Harry Potter wanted to audition Naseeruddin Shah for the role of Albus Dumbledore and the role was passed over to English actor Michael Gambon after that the actor who played it passed away prior to the shooting of the third installment of the movie series.
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/naseerudinshah/?hl=en
I hope you know the biography of Naseeruddin Shah and now you know everything about Naseeruddin Shah, and you also share with your friends and family.
- Biography of Preeti Ganguly
- Biography of Karishma Kotak
- Biography of Siddharth Nigam
- Biography of Shweta Basu Prasad
- Biography of Sandhya Rajendran
- Biography of Avneet Kaur
- Biography of Divya Darshan
- Biography of Kartik Aaryan
- Biography of Saira Banu
- Biography of Shreya Narayan