Saira Banu Biography/Wiki
Saira Banu is one of the most versatile and popular actresses known for her role of timeless love story and comedy film Padosan (1968) along with Sunil Dutt. She said that the turning point of her career brought her to the top league of successful actresses. Saira Banu tied a Knot when she was only 22 years old with the legendary superstar Dilip Kumar.
Let’s introduce you to the in-depth details of Saira Banu Biography, including her bio-data, parent, movies, income, and other facts.
Saira Banu Age
In 2020 she is 76 years old.
Date of Birth
Saira Banu was born on 23rd August 1944.
Saira Banu was born in Mussoorie, United Provinces, British India.
She has an Indian nationality
Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign
Sira Banu Sun Sign of Virgo.
Saira Banu is from the Muslim religion.
she always has the only dream that she becomes an almost popular actress. Her dream comes true when she got her first debuted film Junglee (1961), along with Shammi Kapoor.
Saira Banu hobby is dancing.
Physical Appearance of Saira Banu
There Was a time when Saira is very much attractive for her white complexion and gains concentration for her perfect figure.
|Height (approx.)|| in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Saira Banu Parents
Saira comes from a filmy background; She was born to a famous film producer Ehsan-ul-Haq and beautiful Indian actress Naseem Banu.
Saira was born into an Urdu-speaking family in India and had an elder brother Sultan Ahmed.
The affair of Saira Banu
Saira Banu was an affair with the famous actor Rajendra Kumar. But the relation between both doesn’t exist.
Saira Banu Husband
Saira Banu ties a knot with Dilip Kumar in 1966. The couple gets married and Dilip Kumar becomes Saira Banu husband. The couple didn’t have any children. They believe that it was God’s will.
Saira Banu’s Career
Saira Banu Completed her studies in London. she studied at 10th Standard from Elite School in London spent more than of her childhood in London.
- In spite of having minimal experience and training of acting, Saira Banu entered into a B-town and made her debut film at the early age of sixteen in the 1961 film ‘Junglee.’ Directed And Produced by Subodh Mukherjee, the film starred her along with Shammi Kapoor, who was one of the most flagrant actors of Hindi cinema at that time. Her performance in the movie won her a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
- The next year, she saw as a lead role in the Hindi film ‘Shaadi,’ ere she starred opposite Famous Indian actor Dharmendra. In 1963, she played the lead actress role in ‘Bluffmaster,’ ere she Cast Together with Shammi Kapoor for the second time.
- Some other movies she comes into view in the following years include April Fool’ (1964) ‘Door Ki Awaz’ (1964), ‘ and ‘PyarMohabbat’ (1966). In 1967, she was selected for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the second time for her Good performance in the Hindi film ‘Diwana,’ ere she cast well-known Indian actor Raj Kapoor alongside.
- In 1968, ‘Padoson,’ i.e., played as a lead actress where she cast with actor Sunil Dutt. The film was a blockbuster hit and tilled as one of the best comedy movies in the history of Bollywood.
- She also gained popularity for the 1970 film ‘Purab Aur Paschim,’ ere she starred along with veteran actors Manoj Kumar & Ashok Kumar. The Movie became known for its Nationalist theme.
- Over the years, Saira Banu earned much fame for her roles in films like ‘Resham Ki Dori’, (1973),‘International Crook’ (1973), ‘Zameer’ (1974) & ‘Pocket Maar’ (1974).
- In 1976, she played the lead actress role in the crime film ‘Hera Pheri.’ e film was super hit and won one of the actors Vinod Khanna Filmfare nomination. The same year, she also played the lead actress role in ‘Bairaag, which also starred her husband in the lead role.
- After taking a break for a few years, she appeared alongside her husband in the film ‘Duniya’ in 1984. Even though she was one of the most popular actresses of her time, many of her movies were commercial disasters that made her decision to retire from her acting career. In 1988, she appeared in the hit film ‘Faisla, opposite Vinod Khanna. It was the last film of her acting career.
Net Worth Of Saira Banu
As in 2020, her net worth is INR 674,00,00,000 (USD 91 Million).
Fun Facts Of Saira Banu
- Saira Banu was the 3rd High Paid Actress in the Bollywood (1963 – 1969). And 4th Highest Paid Actress in the Bollywood from (1971 – 1976).
- She has to Dreams in his life to become a big celebrity and with Dilip Kumar.
- Saira has a sibling, Shaheen, who is now a Bollywood actress. She was once married to actor, Sumeet Saigal, and has a daughter, Sayesha.
- She was the main actress of the favourite comedy movie of all-time Padosan, which had a long line of comic actors like Kishore Kumar, Mukri, Keshto Mukherjee, Sunil Dutt, Mehmood etc. Every song in the film was a blockbuster.
- She was the trend icon of her time and her amazing saris collection and classic jewellery pieces both designed by her mother Naseem Bano. She looked stunning in both Western as well as Indian clothes making her elegant and classy.
- Saira Banu was a fan of actor Dilip Kumar in her young age. She had two dreams at that time: one was to be a famous actress and another was to marry Dilip Kumar.
- In 2014 chronicle, “The Substance and the Shadow”, Dilip Kumar said that Saira became pregnant in the year 1972 with their son, but that she developed very high blood pressure in her eighth month of pregnancy and the doctors do not save the baby, which had been strangulated by the umbilical cord. After that, they never had children, believing that it was God’s will.”
Saira Banu Official Page
imdb.com – Saira Banu
We hope you enjoyed reading Saira Banu Biography and inspired by her career graph. We would love to know about which actors/actress biography you would like to know in the next article? We will try our best to publish that in short possible time.
- Biography of Deepika Padukone
- Biography of Anjali
- Biography of Hema Malini
- Biography of Prabhu Deva
- Biography of Manini Mishra
- Biography of Tamannaah Bhatia
- Biography of Alia Bhatt
- Biography of Malaika Arora
- Biography of Neha Kakkar
- Biography of Sara Ali khan